Sirius Labs is a blockchain incubator headquartered in Norway and founded in 2021. Sirius Labs seeks to help start-ups attain success by providing them with the necessary resources to help them transform their original ideas into exciting projects that are ready to be introduced to the entire world.
Sirius Labs, in partnership with Chia Network, launched Global Chia Hackathon. It is aimed to attract strong technical teams or developers to see what can be built on Chia Network.
Global Chia Hackathon participants will have the opportunity to compete for Grand Prize valued at $100,000(in USDT/USDC), which is a big part of the overall $400,000(in USDT/USDC) prize pool. In addition, winners also become eligible for participation in a $1,000,000 seed fund investment by the event sponsors. The first 100 teams who are chosen to participate may receive limited edition blockchain collectables (depending on availability).
DATES AND TIMING:
1. Submission Period: August 12 at 8:00am PDT – September 15 at 6:00pm PDT
2. Judging Period: September 23 at 8:00am PDT – September 26 at 6:00pm PDT
In order to ensure that final presentations in front of judges go smoothly, Sirius Labs will organize rehearsal presentations.
Please Note: Rehearsal presentations won't influence your project being selected as a Finalist. These are purely for practice.
- If your team has not yet prepared a final slide deck, a basic slide deck will be fine for the rehearsal presentations. Each project will have 5-10 mins to give a brief introduction about the project and the team. Please ensure that you have finalized your slide deck for the final presentations in front of the panel of judges.
- The rehearsal presentations will take place from September 16 at 18:00pm PDT to September 18 at 06:00am PDT.
- Sirius Labs will send you a link to select a time period for rehearsal via Direct Messages on Devpost. Please keep an eye on your Message Box on Devpost!
Another point of note: For faster responses, all finalists will need to add our official Telegram account: @SiriusLabs
3. Winners Announced: on or around September 28 at 7:00pm PDT
The Hackathon tracks/themes may include but are not limited to the following:
- Improved DeFi
- Improved NFT
- Improved Layer2
Chialisp Training Camp
To ensure code integrity and provide better Chialisp tools and training materials, Chia Network,together with Sirius Labs, will conduct an online Chialisp Training Camp as part of the hackathon.
This training is designed to directly connect global developers and the world's top Chia experts, including Chia Network founder Bram Cohen, Matthew Hauff, Adam Kelly, Matt Howard and Richard Kiss, for a best in class hackathon experience.
Chialisp Training Camp will take place entirely online from August 9th to August 11th 2021 PDT from Chialisp website: chialisp.com.
Chia Network will release updated video tutorials, presentations and code samples on August 9th. We will then have a live Zoom session with Bram on the 9th to kick off the event. On the 10th – 11th, we will have experienced Chialisp mentors available for Q&A.
- Chialisp training：https://chialisp.com/training
- YouTube channel：https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChFkJ3OAUvnHZdiQISWdWPA
Check out the Training Agenda!
$400,000 in prizes
The Grand Prize valued at $100,000(in USDT/USDC) will be rewarded to a TOP project.
First Prize (5)
The First Prize winners will receive a prize valued at $20,000(in USDT/USDC).
Second Prize (10)
The Second Prize Winners will recieve a prize valued at $10,000(in USDT/USDC).
Third Prize (20)
The Third Prize Winners will receive a prize valued at $5000(in USDT/USDC).
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Mandatory Submissions Requirements:
- Github Repository Link to your working application for judging and testing. Include a link to your repo hosing the code and all deployment files and testing instructions needed for your project in a README.md file.
Please note that all submissions will only need to make their Github repositories accessible to a select panel of judges. Only the final winners will be required to have their code public and open source.
- Slide deck/White paper to introduce the project
- The submission form on Devpost before the deadline.
- Submissions and their content must be in English.
Non-mandatory / additional submissions - Not Required:
- A link to a short(max 10 minutes) video introducing the project, it's use case and functionality.
Bonus points if you submit the following:
- A project post on Medium explaining the project, its market and objects, team members, roadmap and more.
- Market survey data.
- Online websites and social communities (as an example of what they would create).
Co-founder & CEO／GDA Capital
Senior Frontend Engineer/Akash Network
Emergent Coin Advisor/Nucle
Senior Software Engineer/Certik
The tracks or themes may include but are not limited to the following:Improved DeFi, Improved NFT, Improved Layer2, GameFi, Tools and wallet. Other attempts are also welcome.
Compared with existing blockchain projects or application scenarios, in what way does the project show its creativity? Does the project make full use of "Proof of Space" and "Proof of Time"?
The judges screen projects based on the white papers/technical documents uploaded to Github, and observe whether it is technically feasible? Is the business or token model reasonable and sustainable?
The adoption is the key after the launch of the project. How to target potential users or markets? How many users will be attracted?
All Chia related projects are welcome while Chialisp-based projects will be given priority.